The racquetball launcher (photo below and video here)
- The racquetball in the following images struck the
wall at approximately 27 m/s.
- A contact trigger on the wall initiated a delay timer.
- The 24 images in the sequence were each of a different collision but taken under the same conditions except that the time after initial impact of the ball with the wall was increased in 0.25 ms increments. (If the image doesn't show, just click on it. A larger version will open.)
- The video clip is an animation of the sequence.
- The sweep is a single photo with 10 flash units discharging 0.80 ms apart. The images were swept across the film frame with a rotating mirror.